Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Computer mouse switch going bad

In article ,
says...

In article t,
says...

In article ,
says...

On 1/15/18 1:08 PM,
wrote:
I took the insulated handle of a plyers and smacked that
button really hard.

Remind me to NOT let you work on any of my things.

For us older people, we know the first thing one does is to hit the
device that is causing the problem.

When, as an apprentice, I "worked" in the computer test bay (mainframe
in those 1960s days), there was a test that included hitting the frame
with a mallet in specified places...

One does have to know where or what to hit and how hard. Where I worked
there were many things that had a tendency to stick. WE could hit it
with something and it would work from weeks to months. If we repaired
or replaced it, it would still last a few weeks to months.

I am sure most everyone has heard the story where a company hired
someone from outside to repair something. The fellow walks up and hits
it with a hammer. Sends in bill . The company wants it it itemize. It
comes back, hit with hammer, $ 2.00, knowing where to hit it, $ 500.00.