Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bitrex Bitrex is offline

Default Interesting radio I found.

On 01/15/2018 10:17 PM, wrote:
www.qfxusa.com/Pdf/R-18US.pdf

I was at a local Salvation Army store and found this radio.
QuantumFX
Model: R-18US. AM/FM/SW1-SW7 RADIO WITH USB/SD BUILT-IN

The USB flash drive and SD card ports play MP3 music.

Everything works except the telescoping antenna is broken off (that's
easy to fix, as soon as I find one).

But I'm a little confused. In the battery compartment it says to use UM1
1.5v. The PDF file (above) says rechargable batteries. And there is a
plug for a wall wart listed at 6V on the radio.

In the PDF file it also says D cells.

I dont do much with rechargable batteries. Are these UM1 the D cell
equivalant rechargables?
Just curious, I only intend to run it from the built in AC cord.

This radio was made in 2012 (sticker inside battery compartment).

This is the first portable radio I have ever seen that has a USB and SD
card for MP3 music, and with 7 shortwave bands plus AM and FM it does a
lot. Well worth the $5 I paid.

The price is right but...jeez, it's got a face only a mother could love.
The enclosure design and front panel would've looked outdated in 1988.