Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Interesting radio I found.

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:08:29 -0600, philo wrote:

On 1/15/2018 9:17 PM, wrote:
www.qfxusa.com/Pdf/R-18US.pdf

I was at a local Salvation Army store and found this radio.
QuantumFX
Model: R-18US. AM/FM/SW1-SW7 RADIO WITH USB/SD BUILT-IN

The USB flash drive and SD card ports play MP3 music.

Everything works except the telescoping antenna is broken off (that's
easy to fix, as soon as I find one).

But I'm a little confused. In the battery compartment it says to use UM1
1.5v. The PDF file (above) says rechargable batteries. And there is a
plug for a wall wart listed at 6V on the radio.

In the PDF file it also says D cells.

Note: The rechargeable batteries are only 1.2volts vs 1.5 for an
alkaline I would advise against

That's right, I remember that now. Rechargable batteries are always 1.2
volts rather than 1.5 in alkaline or carbon zinc types.