Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman[_2_] rickman[_2_] is offline

Default Computer mouse switch going bad

~misfit~ wrote on 1/14/2018 6:37 AM:
Once upon a time on usenet wrote:
My mouse left button is getting real flakey. I took the whole thing
apart and cleaned everything. It still dont work all the time, so I
guess that switch is going bad. There dont seem to be any place to get
some contact cleaner inside of it.

Have any of you ever found a way to repair these switches?

Yea, I know computer mice are cheap, but I need a PS/2 connector and
want a ball mouse. I dont like the infared mice, and can not use a USB
mouse on my Windows 98 computer.

So, I have to order this on ebay since all the ones in the stores are
USB and infared these days.

So, until I can get one from ebay, is there any temporary fix? (The
other mouse functions work fine).

I just got a packet of 10 mouse switches from Aliexpress for $3.

I don't think he'll buy from Aliexpress, too cheap and he doesn't like the
free shipping you can get. All kidding aside, he doesn't like buying
Chinese when he can get a part sold in the USA even though they are all the
same parts.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998