Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Computer mouse switch going bad

wrote:

My mouse left button is getting real flakey. I took the whole thing
apart and cleaned everything. It still dont work all the time, so I
guess that switch is going bad. There dont seem to be any place to get
some contact cleaner inside of it.

Have any of you ever found a way to repair these switches?

I wear them out. Actually, I use trackballs, but the switches are the same,
and seem to be interchangeable. So, I pull the right button switches out of
old mice and put them in the ones I use. Digi-Key has the SW502 that seems
to fit most mice. $1.61 in single quantity.

Jon