Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia[_2_] Allodoxaphobia[_2_] is offline

Default Computer mouse switch going bad

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:29:53 -0600, wrote:
My mouse left button is getting real flakey. I took the whole thing
apart and cleaned everything. It still dont work all the time, so I
guess that switch is going bad. There dont seem to be any place to get
some contact cleaner inside of it.

Have any of you ever found a way to repair these switches?

Yea, I know computer mice are cheap, but I need a PS/2 connector and
want a ball mouse. I dont like the infared mice, and can not use a USB
mouse on my Windows 98 computer.

Visit your local 2nd-hands shops: GoodWill, ARC, Salvation Army, etc.
Lots of widows donate the geezer's old computer stuff and there are
often many old mice handing from peg boards in those stores.