Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Computer mouse switch going bad

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:38:35 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

The switch inside is called a tact-switch and these are readily available
and can be installed easily by anyone with soldering skills. The switches
themselves are not "cleanable" typically. In most cases the small metal
diaphragm gets fatigued and won't work properly. These switches

I always regret throwing stuff away. I have tossed several mice over the
years that probably still had usable switches. From what you said, the
price seems right, but only if it's free shipping. Much of the time
shipping a $1 item can cost as much as $10, or maybe even more. But I
will hang on to this mouse for now till I find a switch to use.
Soldering it is no problem.