Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mary-Jane Rottencrotch Mary-Jane Rottencrotch is offline

Default Computer mouse switch going bad

On 2018-01-13 13:29, wrote:

Yea, I know computer mice are cheap, but I need a PS/2 connector and
want a ball mouse. I dont like the infared mice, and can not use a USB
mouse on my Windows 98 computer.

Does it not have USB ports? Disregarding the utter ridiculousness of
still using Windows 98 in 2018, it supports USB just fine (since Windows
95 OSR 2.1, around 1997 - 21 years ago nearly).

So, until I can get one from ebay, is there any temporary fix? (The
other mouse functions work fine).

Well what sort of switch is it? The crystal ball is a bit cloudy on this
one.