Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Belt Sander/Grinder

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 22:40:10 -0500, William Bagwell
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 20:47:56 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

At least HF lets you read about all the warts on their stuff before
you buy.

HF is all over the board, from utter crap to incredible bargains.
Looking for my post about HF die grinders from a few years ago... To
change the subject am I the first mention Tee-Nut today? Barely knew
him as I was just a lurking newbie back when he was active but seems
sad to not have a thread in his memory today.

Jayzuss, T-nut is as bad as Elvis: He keeps popping up everywhere.

Since 1976, I have bought a majority of the items HF has put out, with
the exception of the high-dollar machinery. I think I've only returned
15-20 items in that 41 years, and passed up maybe 100 after seeing the
lack of quality in person at the stores. The low price and decent
quality of most things has allowed me to buy a lot more tools there
than if I'd bought US name brands, so I'm a happy shopper. Seeing that
most tools aren't made in the US today, I'm happy to let a US company
make their profit on me.

-

butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a
tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is
for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein