Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

On 1/12/2018 11:08 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/12/18 10:57 AM, Leon wrote:
On 1/12/2018 10:47 AM, wrote:
I'm not following. Isn't that what the cam adjustments are for on the
jig? Are you saying that they may not be sturdy enough to hold it well?

I would want to see how the cams lock to the predetermined position.
If a friction fit they could simply slip out of adjustment, cams by
design are supposed to slip over a surface.Â* With out a hard solid
stop I would be skeptical.Â*Â* Not saying that this is a problem but I
have bought some Kreg jigs that were not well thought out.Â* The Shelf
pin jig for instance.Â* If you use more than one shelf pin jig the
assembly binds. BTDT.

From the video, it looks like there's a pretty good "click" happening
when the cam is turned.Â* It looks like it needs a good amount of force
to turn.
I don't know if that means anything, but it's just something I observed.

Yes, if it clicks into a detent setting it should be adequate.