Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Anyone try the Kreg hinge jig?

On 1/12/18 10:47 AM, wrote:
I'm not following. Isn't that what the cam adjustments are for on the
jig? Are you saying that they may not be sturdy enough to hold it
well?

And Mike, good thoughts on the drill bit. They sell this contraption
at Woodcraft so I can go over there sometime next week and make sure
the carbide bit has two little ears on it that cut as well. I
remember way back when when the cheaper sets did not have that.

Robert

It does have the "ears" on the edges.
https://www.kregtool.com/store/c61/h...hinge-jig-bit/
Considering they sell the replacement bit for 17 bucks, it makes me
wonder how long it would stay sharp.

The expensive bit I have did noticeably dull about 2/3 into the project
for which I bought it. The "ears" didn't dull and still cut perfectly
clean edges, but the flat "hogging" cutting edges seemed to slow down
quite a bit.
At least they're flat and can be resharpened on the fly.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--