Posted to sci.electronics.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default 1$ Sun Glasses From The Dollar Store

On 01/10/2018 01:50 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 1:41:47 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev
wrote:
On 01/10/2018 07:49 AM,
wrote:

I wonder if people are just increasingly less tolerant of
imperfection as technology improves. I'm still bitter about having
too much astigmatism to benefit from the really nice multi-focal
IOLs available now for cataract surgery, and 30 years ago I would
have just been happy to see SOMETHING clearly again :-(

Mpffff... Agreed on the spirit of all that.

I would be purblind and in a wheelchair, also in great pain if even
still alive were it not for Medical Science. My wife much worse.

Corrective lenses, vaccinations, artificial hip (and the next one
scheduled within 6 months), antibiotics, and so forth.

My wife would be either dead or a C2 paralytic from galloping
stenosis. Also a hip, lenses, vaccinations and antibiotics.

All my life I've been healthy. Organs fine, rarely get sick. My eyes
suck and I have minimal aerobic capacity (neither does Dr. Michael
Mosley [Brit presenter of very good medical programs, definitely worth
watching]) which has limited my athletic performance and I have some
protruding disks which are a nuisance, but not debilitating. I get
****ed when I have something wrong and just expect to have everything
work. Goddammit, I pay enough for medical insurance, it should damn
well WORK!!!!

I just had my cataracts done because of lifetime unclear vision, not
anything having to do with the cataracts themselves.

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you expect to score points by whining, join a European soccer team."