Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bitrex Bitrex is offline

Default The Kikusui COS5060A is down :-(

On 01/09/2018 11:45 AM, wrote:
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 11:20:10 AM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
On 2017/12/15 5:18 AM, bitrex wrote:
On 12/15/2017 07:47 AM,
wrote:
On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 1:42:36 PM UTC-5, bitrex wrote:
On 12/12/2017 10:34 PM,
wrote:
On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 12:18:49 AM UTC-5, John Robertson
wrote:
On 2017/12/11 5:14 PM, bitrex wrote:

Failed in the middle of a measurement last night - no display, no
power
LED, a few red LEDs on the front panel come on intermittently at
power-up. The familiar burnt smell coming from the back, but no
smoke.
The enclosure felt a a bit hotter than usual immediately afterwards.

The incandescents on the graticule working fine though, and
they're fed
off the negative PSU rail, but the positive low-voltage supply is
definitely down for the count. I haven't had a chance to open it
up yet
but hoping it's an easy fix...

bitrex,
did you get your kik going?

what was wrong?

Too much going on with the holidays and work the past couple weeks to
have a chance to take an afternoon to sit down with it, unfortunately.
Paid work has to take priority. Don't worry, though, I'm not tossing it,
it's in my "probable PS-fault" section (along with the poor Korg
MS2000.) ;-)