Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
rickman[_2_] rickman[_2_] is offline

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

wrote on 1/4/2018 3:27 PM:
On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 14:46:48 -0500, rickman
wrote:

Savageduck wrote on 1/3/2018 6:43 PM:
On Jan 3, 2018, rickman wrote
(in article ):

Jolly Roger wrote on 1/3/2018 6:15 PM:

Multiple regulars in these news groups call him out on his lame-ass
trolls. But little, old *you* have decided to step in and support the
troll. Good work, there, junior!

No, I'm just calling it like I see it. You jumped into a reasonable
conversation making five (not four, my mistake) posts complaining about
troll behavior without indicating what was "trollish". Now you want to
argue about your trollish behavior and call me names. You are currently the
problem, not a cure. Why don't you stop being a troll and we can let the
conversation continue?

The source of the troll is the OP not JR, and guess who the OP is in this
thread. None other than the nymshifting troll from Santa Clara County. He
provides nothing constructive, just his never ending anti-Apple posts. I for
one have decided to not respond to him, particularly given the toxicity, and
of his posts to the Apple NGs.

Recently I have responded to one of his posts to r.p.d. which appeared to be
benign, and where he had used yet another nymshift. I did not believe that
particular post was a troll, but one which sought an answer to a legitimate
question.

I don't know about toxicity, but the best way to handle trolls is to ignore
them. I will be ignoring Roger.

First, there has never been a reasonable conversation with the person
to whom Roger was responding He really is an inveterate troll with
nothing to add to this newsgroup. I have kill filed every nym that he
uses that's identifiable and will continue.

We each have a decision to make regarding trolls. In this case JR has
decided to point out the troll. That is effective in warning other
posters.

JR has gone *far* beyond pointing out a troll. He has gone so far beyond
that he has become the troll. To point out that you think someone is a
troll only takes a single post of a few lines. His less annoying posts were
the uneducating, "So few facts, so much time. Life's hard for an old troll!"
and "Get some new material, old foolish troll." When I point out his
excessive complaining he only comes back with much more annoying posts.
These are not intended to be educational to anyone. These are the rantings
of someone who feels he is on a mission, a very misguided mission.

Just as bad are the many posts attempting to justify his behavior.

You will be missing some interesting and edifying posts if you ignore
Roger.

It is not unusual for trolls to make worthwhile posts. But you have to
consider the noise level they bring as well. In this thread all but one
post was noise. That's an unacceptable level.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998