Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Murray atuptown Murray atuptown is offline

Default How do they paint the stripes on resistors, bumble bee caps, etc?

A lot of cookies that come from Elmhurst Illinois where Keebler used to be now say something to the effect of being partially made with genetic engineering. Famous Amos was apparently drawn into this conglomerate at an earlier date.

I no longer see mention of either the Keebler Elves or Amos when I see baked goods from Elmhurst nowadays. Im sure they are all safe, but I still have this nagging image in my mind of an elderly Amos and elves who never age, caged in a laboratory, surrounded by people in white coars & safety glasses. Then I wake up and realize it was all a bad dream.

I think I know a guy who used to work for a resistor company. Ill ask him (his name is mit Mr. Resistor) about the painting and hope he doesnt tell me this quest is futile.