Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
harry newton[_2_] harry newton[_2_] is offline

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

He who is JF Mezei said on Wed, 3 Jan 2018 12:56:27 -0500:

Funny how the 6s PLUS doesn't have that. Same battery chemistry. Same
CPU and components. Oh, but while same chemistry, it has BIGGER Battery
which means that it is able to supply my amps than the small battery
when cold/old.

All phone may have smame/similar battery chemistry, but how the battery
is sized relative to power consumption needs of the phone makes a huge
difference.

The bigger Android phone have mega battteries like 5000-7000mAh compared
to the ~1750 on the 6s.

Everything you say is apropos, where nospam, as a classic Apple Apologist,
tries to intimate because all phones have batteries, that this
Apple-created Apple-only problem is inside of all phones.

That's like saying because all houses have paint, that lead paint is in all
houses if it's in just one house.

I don't know why facts are invisible to the Apple Apologists, but nospam
knows very well this is a specific problem for specific phones, just like
the Samsung exploding battery problem was a specific problem for a specific
phone.

As you aptly noted, Apple *knows* exactly what the problem is, and since
the solution is to fix the design, they decided to secretly take the
simpler way out ...

And for that, I predict they'll need to settle those lawsuits out of court
and then, when they have that behind them, they can come clean and just
make the customer harm good.

Hence I predict the following along that strategy:
1. Apple won't admit fault until they settle the lawsuits in court
2. Once they settle, the settlement will dictate the redress

I postulate that a perfectly acceptable redress for the owners harmed is
for Apple to provide a trade-in program of old phone to slightly larger
equivalent phone that doesn't have the same Apple battery problems.

Apple has enough money and customer loyalty to pull this off with aplomb.
Let's see if they take the true "courageous" decision.

I suspect they will because they will have to.