Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

In article , harry newton
wrote:

but remember
this is an Apple-only problem

nope. it's a battery chemistry issue which affects android and any
other device that uses a battery.

there is *no* avoiding it. *every* battery ages.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...e-4-shuts-off-
at-40-battery/td-p/54776
The *note *4 shut down with 40% left I thought mine *was the only one
but I've heard others complaining about this *how fustrating is that
what's up that samsung ?
My phone shuts down at 50% I don't know what to do ??
New or old, internal battery makes no difference. * I've had
shutdowns at levels as high as 80%. Most notably during camera usage,
especially if flash is used. *I've resorted to always being connected
to a fast charge external battery. Sigh.*
A buddy of mine recently took note of something similar, especially
when using his camera as well. He ended up disabling Instagram and
the boomerang feature, and that did the trick for him on the random
restarts or shutting down. Not sure how that was even related, just
what he told me.

it's related because those apps were causing the battery to be pushed
beyond its limits, exactly the same as with iphones, at which point, it
shut down.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-4g-touch/2246
28-strange-battery-problem-need-help.html
In each case, I was using it in some kind of high battery drain
function... either watching a movie or running GPS software.
In two of the three cases, this was started right after unplugging
the phone from the charger for the night, so I had a full charge,
but suddenly, without warning the phone just shuts off dead. No power
down animation, no nothing... just goes cold black dead.
In each case, I know I've had about 60-75% battery left just before
it died.

When I power up the phone, it beeps low battery, and say I have
between 1-3% power left and eventually powers down from low battery.
I had this issue as well. New battery fixed it, hadn't happened since.
Had this exact problem. Never had any battery issues until the JB
upgrade. Tried Factory Reset and that didnt help.
my S2 just shuts off without any notification and doesn't start until
i plug it to the charger and switch it on. This mostly happens after
2 minutes of playing games,listening songs or downloadin an app. What
should I do? Please help me
My phone is a HTC Desire S, which I upgraded to Android 4.0.4 a few
months ago (official update). The shutdowns and extreme power
drainage startet about a week ago. With a full battery my phone
reliably shuts down less than 5 minutes into a game. Then upon reboot
it reports ~6% battery life and often shuts down again.
My Galaxy J7 suddenly shut down, and could not restart by pushing the
power button.
My mobile switches off even at 70-80% of charging.and it doesn't
switch on even when I switch it on.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...10523-note-4-s
udden-battery-drain.html
My Sprint Note 4 (running 5.1.1) has been working without issue for
the past year, but a strange power/battery/something issue happened
yesterday and today.

Both days, around the same time (between 5:00-6:00pm) my phone has
decided that it no longer has a charge and shuts off. Yesterday, the
phone went from roughly 35% 10%, which alerted me of low charge
0% and shutting off within around 30 seconds.
That's funny. My AT&T Note 4 does the exact same thing.
My note 4 does similar. I get maybe 1.5 hours of use out of it, then
at 30% boom it shuts down. Plug it in and it shows zero percent.

30% after 1.5 hours of use (ignoring the shutdown problem)? hah.
iphones can easily get 1.5 *days* of use.