Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
harry newton[_2_] harry newton[_2_] is offline

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

Apple iOS 11.2.5 Release: It's A Big One
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/01/01/apple-ios-11-2-5-release-iphone-battery-problem-slow-down/#52fb94c53b5c

Verbatim quotes:
"We expect the iPhone X to be throttled in late 2018 with replacement
batteries for it back to full price by January 2019."

"Samsung guarantees 95% battery capacity retention for the first
two years of ownership. Meanwhile LG and Google offer two year
warranties, which also cover the battery."

"Apple's promise of a limited time price reduction (11 months) on new
iPhone batteries doesn't cut it, particularly with the swap taking
three days and no further pledge from Apple to change anything
going forward."

"Apple has admitted it slows iPhones - and coincidentally just after
the release of each new generation - to protect their already degrading
batteries from shutting off if the phone were to continue operating at
full performance."

"Not only does the well promoted title of Performance Champ suddenly
ring hollow now we know this *only lasts for one year*, but we also
know this behaviour isn't normal. HTC, Motorola, LG and Samsung are
among the major brands quick to stress they see no reason to throttle
the performance of their smartphones."