Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman[_2_] rickman[_2_] is offline

Default It's 2018 on Planet Mars

wrote on 1/1/2018 9:05 AM:
I am wondering how this works. In these politically correct times, instead of AD (Anno Domini - Year of Our Lord), we have CE (common era). Ignoring what becomes "Year 1" and why, the Martian Year is 687 (earth) days.

Why do you call this "politically correct"? It's an issue of mixing
religion and science. The new terms were chosen to separate a single
religion from having defined notation for a scientific purpose. How is that
a matter of "political correctness"?

I have found the only time this term is used is when someone wants to
criticize something as being "politically correct" as if that automatically
makes it undesirable without actually discussing the facts.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998