Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default sound from one laptop speaker only, can't solve this

Tim R wrote:

[snip]

What am I missing? I've tried speakers, amps, cables, and software, I
don't know where to go next. Oh, maybe should mention, this is an older
laptop. It came with System 7 but when the harddrive crashed we couldn't
get another 7 without paying the cost of another laptop so we put on XP.

Old laptop may have a slightly recessed audio jack. So a standard mini plug
won't seat fully and make connection with left and right channel contacts in
the jack.

--
Paul Hovnanian
I bet the human brain is a kludge. -- Marvin Minsky