Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default sound from one laptop speaker only, can't solve this

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 7:32:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
You can almost always download a replacement disk fro the manufacturer, or Microsoft. You will get an ISO file, this is needed top make the disk bootable. It takes a special burning program to actually burn the CD. I use Power to go. Freeware and n0t invasive.

I say this because you probably have a compatabiity issue. Windows XP has been out for a log time, there was no bluetooth. There was wireless but not bluetooth.

It's nice how they get you to pay to get something that is for free.

Yes. I called the manufacturer. They asked for the product code from the box, which I'd saved. I read it to them and they said sorry, that was installed by the retailer, you'll have to pay full price for a new system.