Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default LM7815A and LM7915A metal tab or no metal tab?

wrote:
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 2:43:04 AM UTC-5, Phil Allison
wrote:
David Farber wrote:

----------------------

I'm servicing a Behringer EUROPOWER PMH2000. The + and - 15 volt
regulators need replacing because the leads have failed. The
transistor is mounted to the chassis at a 90 degree angle and then
soldered to the pc board. The problem is that pc board fits very
tightly into the chassis. The leads on the regulators keep getting
flexed with each pc board removal. Anyway, I want to replace them
because a couple of the leads have broken off. They are packaged in
a TO-220 case. The center tab is nonmetallic so it is insulated
from the chassis.

** The *mounting tab* is definitely metal, just coated in epoxy to
insulate it.

Huh, we buy either spendy teflon shoulder washers, or cheaper nylon.
(with 4-40 screw.)

Spendy vs. cheaper. Very nice. ;-)

--
David Farber