Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Belt Sander/Grinder

I know the knife guys are all gungho about the 2x72 belt grinders these
days, but I was wondering how many other metal works really like using
these. Seems like some guys like to use them for both steel and wood.
Oddly what I have heard seems backwards. They grind fast with steel and
slower with wood.

Do you have one? Do you use it often? Are you on the fence about the
cost, but would use one if you had it?

I have a 1x30 that gets a fair amount of use, and a 4x36 that doesn't
mostly because its gutless. I probably use my 1x30 as a belt grinder
about the same amount as my bench grinder.

I can build one if I want. Of course if I really wanted I imagine I
could put a bigger motor on my 4x36 too.