Posted to sci.electronics.repair
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default Bad laser in the Bose?

Once upon a time on usenet wrote:
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 2:03:18 PM UTC-5,
The pots that should be adjusted are on the board NOT the optics
assembly. The optics have an adjustment for laser power that rarely
resolves any problem. The should be focus and tracking adjustments
on the board. You need to see a trace on a scope though to properly
"align" the optics.

Not gonna argue, as this also could be true. But with age comes
dimming - I have a Revox B225 with an internal date-stamp of 1982. I
have had to adjust the laser level (power) once in the last 20 years
I have had it. Focus and tracking are fine.

Also, about 12 caps. Frakus, as usual, and grease the rails.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Frakus? (I have a Philips CD player that's a bit fussy that I want to
'refurbish'.)
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."