Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Does anyone make a crossover to be used on an INPUT?

On 09/12/17 10:33, wrote:
On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 08:59:59 +1100, Clifford Heath
wrote:
On 08/12/17 18:07,
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 09:00:50 +1100, Clifford Heath
On 2017-12-07,
wrote:
However, I need a means to send only the bass to the amp that powers the
Subwoofer. Is there any sort of crossover made that goes in the input of
the power amps, after the preamp?
Commonly done, even in my son's old Altec computer speakers.
Clifford Heath.
Funny you mentioned the Altec name. My 600W power amp and the preamp are
Altec Lansing brand. The speakers are Yamaha.

Haha - I have the opposite, a Yamaha A-520 amp and a pair of
Altec Lansing "Eights", upgraded with new kevlar dome tweeters
instead of the awful piezos, and fantastic new mids. The Eights
were their first entry into the audiophile market, I believe.

That's interesting. Altec Lansing made some great stuff back in the day.

They used to do theatres etc originally, no domestic stuff.

I recently saw some computer speakers with their name on it.

We've owned a few of those, I don't mind them, but they're not
designed for home HiFi (though they're better than a lot of the
crap for that, too). I have one of those on my desk right now
actually. Two-way (treble&mid) L&R, with a sub box under the
desk.

Lansing was the guy who started JBL (that's his initials).

The Grateful Dead was not only a good band,

I would have described them as more of a tribal movement,
considering the number of people who played with them.

Clifford Heath.