Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Continuity between neutral and earth

In article ,
wrote:
I test the extended ring and it was sound (ie only continuity between
the corresponding pairs of wire). I have just connected it to the main
ring and did a quick continuity check. Live is ok but it seems that
neutral (blue) and earth now have continuity. Given I tested the
extended ring it would appear that the original ring suffered this
problem. However if this was the case wouldn't the RCd at the MCU have
tripped before.

Assuming you are testing with the main switch off (double pole) you have a
fault. If testing with only the MCB etc (single pole) off, normal.

--
*Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.