Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components
rickman rickman is offline

Default How do they paint the stripes on resistors, bumble bee caps, etc?

wrote on 9/9/2017 2:14 PM:

I do believe the early resistors, especially those ceramic types that
had colored dots on them, were probably hand painted. I have also noted
that the old bumble bee caps often had irregular stripes, where the
paint was thicker in spots, thinner in others, and the edges were not
always precise.

Don't know about resistors being hand painted as that sounds expensive. But
I know mica caps used look hand painted and in searching I found one style
that is clearly hand painted.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998