Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default grizzly g1067z

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 17:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

Is it rusty on the lathe bed? I don't know any of the details about
this lathe, but it looks sort of old. Several decades. I sort of
recall lathes like this costing about $600 brand new back then. I
understand paying brand new price or more for special items. Like
Corvettes. But to pay exactly what the lathe cost 20 years ago, that
kind of rankles me.

not sure about rust but the price comparison would be better if one
was to compare what your 600 got you today not what it would have
got you in the past unless you have worked out time travel

still better than an hf lathe and you seem to forget prices on cl are
not firm