Matt Mason

Default GE Oven won't light

jeff wrote:

XL44 is just a name and not a model#....
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

I got the full model #, I just didn't bother posting it here.

The glow coil hot surface ignitor should stay on through out the
heating process and only go out when the oven control says the temp is
ok to shut off the burner....if the glow coil is going off before the
burner can light, bad/loose wire?, bad oven control?. The gas valve is
in series with the glow coil ignitor, *usually* if the gas valve fails
electricaly the ignitor will not come on at all.

I checked the wires, they are good. But it looks like the gas valve may
be the problem. When I turn the oven on, I here the tell-tale 'click'
that the relay from the temperature control has engaged.

http://www.applianceaid.com/