Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default battery tools are crap

whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 16:40:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
GB wrote:
On 13/09/2017 15:48, Broadback wrote:

+1 Bill. I purchased a Dyson battery vacuum, it was fine when new,
but
now does not run for l;long and it needs recharging.

I'm still using a mains drill I bought 40 years ago. In the
meantime, I've had to throw away loads of battery powered ones
(mostly NiCd it has to be said), where the tool still works but the
battery is knackered.

Still got the Black and Decker mains drill I got with petrol coupons
38 years ago. It works fine.
The Bosh cordless one that cost £160 nine years is almost useless
now and has not been used much.

Is it the drill or the batteries that are useless, they are two
differnt things ?

Batteries, both of them.