Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default battery tools are crap

GB wrote:
On 13/09/2017 15:48, Broadback wrote:

+1 Bill. I purchased a Dyson battery vacuum, it was fine when new,
but

now does not run for l;long and it needs recharging.

I'm still using a mains drill I bought 40 years ago. In the meantime,
I've had to throw away loads of battery powered ones (mostly NiCd it
has to be said), where the tool still works but the battery is
knackered.

Still got the Black and Decker mains drill I got with petrol coupons 38
years ago. It works fine.
The Bosh cordless one that cost £160 nine years is almost useless now and
has not been used much.