Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Hurricane Windows

On 12-Sep-17 7:41 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:56:35 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 12-Sep-17 2:27 PM, Oren wrote:

It does not take long. States have inter-state agreements to help each
other. A "memorandum of understanding". Trucks are staged in regions
or in the state.

All depends on what definition of "long" is and how much damage there is
to restore for any given location...not terribly uncommon to be month or
more for some locations if there are significant numbers of poles
required or major transformers or the like...the more rural the more
likely, but even urban areas can take quite a while if damage is severe
enough.

--

It took a week here in NJ after Sandy to restore power to my house.
A friend took a couple days longer. They built his substation

It took almost three months before the last permanent lines were back up
near here (far SW KS) after the big ice event of about 6-7 years ago.
About 30 miles without a single pole still standing to some of the
outlying farmstead areas were the last. They did have temporary service
after about the first month or so...