Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Hurricane Windows

On 9/12/2017 2:08 PM, wrote:

My daughter in Bradenton is in a B zone and had no flooding
but no idea when power will be back.

Hundreds of power line workers plus equipment are on the way
from Ontario Canada. Link below is just one company - several other
large electrical companies are sending help also eg. Toronto Hydro.

https://www.hydroone.com/cnw-article#?articleId=122901

John T.

We always bitch about the electric bill, but in a crisis power companies
do a good job of assisting in other areas and getting power back on
quickly. Of course, it is quickly at your house, takes forever if it is
my house.

They cut power in my son's area for a few hours to clear downed wires
for safety. Four hours down is really a minor inconvenience.