Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Hurricane Windows

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 13:08:13 -0400, Dave C wrote:

We recently bought a FL house, in the path of Irma. Alas we are not
near by, to actually inspect our house.

My question. The prior owner had installed Hurricane rated windows and
sliiding doors. Clearly they are effective to flying debris. What I do
not know, ma asking for advice : are hurricane rated "windows/ doors"
also effective in limiting any water penetration. Our house is
located in the Tampa area, directly on the Gulf shore - where high
water surges have been reported. We were not "home" to put down sand
bags and plastic barriers

there are only two types of windows and doors -
"Those that leak and those that are going to leak."

http://www.floridadisaster.org/hrg/c...ings_index.asp

John T.