Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components
Taxed and Spent Taxed and Spent is offline

Default How do they paint the stripes on resistors, bumble bee caps, etc?

On 2017-09-09, wrote:
I've always wondered how they paint on the colored stripes. I put "how
do they paint the stripes on resistors" on google, but all I got was
links explaining how to READ color codes.

Has anyone ever heard anything about this process?

I remember when computers used core memory the manufacturers employed
oriental women to string the cores because of their small, nimble hands.
This may be much the same kind of thing.

Not any more. They now have to use a proportional share of big, hairy,
burly men. They throw those misprinted resistors out. Haven't you
noticed the price increases?