Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default The Houston Gang

On 8/28/17 7:47 PM, Leon wrote:
Just touching in, we have been busy watching the news and hunkering
down. This has been an event. While this is nothing to take lightly
there are some of us that are doing just fine.

I have personally emptied our rain gauge of 31.25" since Saturday
morning. This link shows my house and Tundra from a neighbors house
just about an hour ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

So far we have no friends or relatives that have gotten any water in
their homes. There is a lot of luck involved in that but before
building our home I studied the flood plane maps before choosing a lot
and even then I chose a lot on the high point of the street.

I just heard on NBC nightly news that we can expect 20+ more inches. I
seriously doubt that wee will get even close to half that. We have
received 6" since 10:00 last night and local forecasters expect this to
mostly be done by early tomorrow evening, at least in the immediate
Houston area. The areas you are mostly seeing on the news are the south
east side of Houston. That area got rain at a rate of 5" per hour.

This is a tragic event for millions of Houstonians and it will take
years to recover. I have lived through events like this and it is life
changing.

Anyway, thank you to all that have called and texted, I appreciate your
concerns but this time around I believe my wife and I, our relatives,
and friends have dodged the bullet.

A mile north of our neighborhood and a mile east of our neighborhood we
have been listening to air boats, yesterday and most all of today,
evacuating residents from their neighborhoods. This hit close.

Leon

Good to hear you are ok!

--

-MIKE-