Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default The Houston Gang

On 8/28/2017 8:47 PM, Leon wrote:
Just touching in, we have been busy watching the news and hunkering
down.Â* This has been an event.Â* While this is nothing to take lightly
there are some of us that are doing just fine.

I have personally emptied our rain gauge of 31.25" since Saturday
morning.Â* This link shows my house and Tundra from a neighbors house
just about an hour ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

So far we have no friends or relatives that have gotten any water in
their homes.Â* There is a lot of luck involved in that but before
building our home I studied the flood plane maps before choosing a lot
and even then I chose a lot on the high point of the street.

Thanks for the update. Hope is stays OK for you.

Our town was severely flooded in the hurricane of 1955, long before I
moved here. One thing that helped me decide when I bought this house is
the street in back of me is 20 feet lower than my house, the river
another 20 feet below that.