Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Repair/reinforcement of double pedestal desk

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 6:42:55 PM UTC-5, bob prohaska wrote:

This has me confused: I thought one point of hide glue is that it sticks
to itself, so can be reapplied and reassembled.

Correct. But if the joint has any other debris (dirt, sawdust, powder post beetle dust, etc.), clean it out if you can, then use hide glue. I can't see inside the joint as well as you, to see if there is any abnormal junk in the joint. If there is something abnormal in there, that can't be removed, then epoxy might be the better option for an adhesive.

As for as cleaning those drips, shown in pic "fracture full length", at first I thought that was a panel (you had mentioned loose panels). I thought to add a long block, along the *panel length, to help with that attachment.. For the addition of a block, there, I meant to suggest removing the drips for the block to sit flat on the *panel.

Sonny