Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Anybody use a Roomba in the workshop?

On 8/5/2017 1:54 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 8/5/17 1:21 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 8/4/2017 10:44 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
Any of you guys use a Roomba (or other robot vacuum cleaner) to
keep your shop floor clean? Just wondering if it works...

The best answer is "The company thought of that and made a product
for cleaning shops and it was a total bust so it was dropped."

https://www.amazon.com/iRobot-110-Di...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Shops are not meant to be _totally_ clean. If your shop is immaculate
then you aren't using it right.

I get what you're saying, John, and agree with the premise.
However, any time I do finishing, I sure wish my shop was "immaculate"
because it would save me a whole lot of time knocking the fuzz off
between coats.

There are air cleaners for the airborne stuff and I see a place for
something that would capture all that stuff on the floor before it gets
airborne.

FWIW I quit worrying about dust about 25 years ago when I switched to
using gel varnishes. Dust is not an issue.