Steve

Default Cost of jacking up a house.

Very do-able.. It's done all the time when a house is in a flood plane.

You would contact a house mover and get an estimate after telling him what
you want to do.. He has the jacks and the timbers. You would disconnect the
utilities and porch structures, etc. then let him knock the holes in the old
foundation where he wants to run his full length timber through.

Once he has it high enough for you to have the blocks layed, he would pull
his jacks, etc, but leave the timbers and cribbing until your ready for him
to lower it..

To me this seems the most cost effective way.. Do what you can yourself but
for the specialized work of raising the house or setting the blocks, leave
that to the Pros.

The existing basement floor may not be of good enough quality, thickness or
grade for your future use. I would look that over carefully when sorting all
these details out.

My experience in lifting and moving a house::
circa 1950

My Father and I jacked up a 3 room house and put it on utility poles. Skided
it 12 miles to our property in another town.. The phone co. and utilities,
met us at any areas where the lines might be too low and pushed them up out
of the way.. Took a full day but went fairly well on gravel roads with
surplus army 2.5 ton truck, lug wheeled tractor for a winch anchor when the
going got tough.

BTW. the utility poles were worn to about 1/4 their original dia. when we
finished.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve