Dan O.

Default Westinghouse Stove oven heat keeps climbing?

Robert Gale wrote:

I have a problem with my Westinghouse stand
alone stove. When I turn on the oven, the
temperature keeps climbing. The stove is rather
old and the model number has long since worn off.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jeff Wisnia wrote

Gotta be either stuck thermostat contacts or a failed
temperature sensing tube on the thermostat.

Depending on the design of the range you have and whether it is gas or
electric, uncontrollable oven temperature could be caused by a faulty oven
thermostat, a shorted relay or a bad electronic control or defective relay
board.

JFYI. "Westinghouse" were pretty good for stamping/printing part numbers
right on their appliance's components so if you can find the cause, there
may be a part number on it to use for getting a replacement. If it is
actually a "White Westinghouse" stove ("white" not describing the colour
necessarily), there may or may not be part number on components of it. Those
"White Westinghouse" models are made by Frigidaire.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Westinghouse+range