Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Duracell 1432 Flashlight: Battery Drain.

On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 17:24:01 UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Same here, but I prefer LiIon. I've been having problems with
ordinary NiMH. In addition to self discharge, they don't seem to last
through too many charge cycles. Typically, I get about 200 with NiMH
and 1200 or more with NiCd. Overall, I do better with NiCd for
something that requires regular recharging, such as handheld radios,
and flashlights. I'm doing something wrong with NiMH, but haven't
figured out what.

Discharging too far is their biggest killer. Or to put it another way, mismatched cells. When one flattens the others push current through it & it suffers badly.

NT