Default Using a rental TILLER to till lawn

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:33:13 GMT, someone wrote:

3. Just till it. Backbreaking, takes a while, depending on your soil. I
*wrecked* a 6hp Sears tiller, brand new, three years ago

Guess it sure does depend on your soil. We hired a guy to come over
with a regular Troy-Bilt type tiller (just a young guy making a few
bucks on the side with his Dad's tiller). He tilled up a never before
tilled area, not very big, maybe 12 x 24 feet, for $50 and we tried
hard not to feel it was overpriced for the short time it took him (but
then he had to BRING the thing to the site too....)

A friend bought a new tiller, I set it up for her, we started it up
and tilled her garden (1st time) in about 10 minutes, so quick we were
kinda let down and went around looking for things to till up! I admit
her soil was quite sandy, that area is known for that sort of thing.

-v.