Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Ping Trevor Wilson

On 21/05/2017 1:52 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote:

--------------------

**I can assure you that they most certainly did. Perhaps not quite as
low end as those Sansui atrocities, but models that were significantly
less costly to make than their good models. As an authorised service
agent for the importer, since 1980, I've seen them all, though Interdyn
no longer import Luxman.

** Did you deal with Gordon Hoskins at any stage?

**Of course. I even did work for him for a few years. To his credit,
bills were always paid by the due date. I mostly dealt with Dianne down
there at Arncliff, I never bought Luxman spares from him. I went
straight to the importer - International Dynamics. Excellent company to
deal with. Always pay their bills on time.

I met him in the late 70s while doing service work for a hi-fi and TV shop in Woollarah.

Despite the store stocking various Interdyn items, he refused to supply any spares or info on Luxman etc.

**That's because he is a massive dickhead. Certainly be 1980 (and
probably a long time prior) Interdyn were the importers for Luxman.
Hoskins was their Sydney agent and pretty much sole retailer for a long
time.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au