VDH Engineering

Default Using a rental TILLER to till lawn

The way that most blades behind wheel tillers have the blades configured if
you use the tiller in reverse you will be able to cut into the grass much
easier. However be advised this does put a much higher amount of stress on
the unit that it should be experiencing but wont do any harm if it is only a
small area. Several passes on the first depth setting will also work well.
--Pete
"Ignoramus20984" wrote in message
I would like to make a garden where previously there was lawn. Using a
shovel is just too hard and I know will ruin my shoes. So I would like
to rent a tiller and use it, but I am not sure if it can do the job on
the land than never was tilled and has thick lawn grass.

Any ideas, can I expect to rent something useable?