Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ping Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson wrote:

-------------------

I have a Marantz SR2000 on the bench with both STK080G modules blown
and signs of attempted repair. I know the PSUs and tuners are OK.

WES does not stock the 080G but has the uprated 083G which appears to be pin compatible.

Can it be a drop in replacement?

Any mods needed ?

**Puke. Worst. Marantz. Products. Ever. Cheap ****. Lemme check for any
080s I may have in stock.

I have one STK-080-II in stock. It will almost certainly be a drop-in
replacement. Not sure about the 083G.

Looking at the .pdf on this page, suggests that it will be a drop-in
replacement:

http://www.datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/STK083G.html

I don't think you'll have a problem.

** Yep - I found that data sheet earlier today.

**** I hate Sanken **** and I wish manufacturers would stop using their
semis. *******s delete items forever, making it impossible to service
old products.

** The STK series is made by Sanyo.

Sanken modules, with numbers like SI1050 disappeared decades ago.

Both typically suffered from lack of short circuit protection.

..... Phil