Tom J

Default Kitchen Double Sink Suds Problem

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
I recently purchased a house with a double sink in the kitchen. The
smaller sink is a couple of inches higher than the larger sink. My
problem is when I wash dishes in either sink, the soap suds come out
the drain of the other sink. It's not a big deal, more of an
annoyance, but I figure this type of setup has been around for years
and I'm sure it's not designed to work this way. I took apart all of
the plumbing underneath the sink and it's clear, including the trap. I
don't have any drainage problems either. Is there something I can do
this fix this. I only use the larger sink to wash and rinse. I'd
rather have a single sink, but it's too costly to change now. TIA.

That's a common problem when lots of dish detergent is used. Just put the
drain stopper in the small sink. If you don't have one, they are available at
any hardware or home center.

Tom J