Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Tommy Mac - rough exit from 'Rough Cut'?

Casper wrote:
"Believe it or not ..I will no longer be working on rough cut ..."
"I quit"
https://www.facebook.com/thomas.j.macdonald/
He appears bitter about it. He's was pretty terse with some folks who
asked why; something to the effect of, "I don't owe you an explanation."
He must have close to $100K in new Mini Max/SCM tools in the lower
level of that new shop. SCM was also listed as a sponsor at the end
of the show...Spalted Walt

So yesterday my Facebook popped up with a live stream of him working
on his current desk project. Nice maple writing desk. I asked a couple
questions, one or two the same as several others, and kinda got blown
off. When he responded, it was, "I don't friggin' know".

A different side to him when not in front of a real camera. His feed
had about 119 viewers at one point, which dropped after he said to
quit breaking his balls. One comment posted was about keeping his
greasy fingers (he was stuffing his face with Doritos) off the bare
wood desk. TMac shot back, "sometimes you need to grease your wood if
you know what I mean, right?" with a sly grin.

From that comment, and several others, including that he does
woodworking because people suck, had me wondering why he was even
bothering with a live feed. I appreciate his work and him share his
knowledge, but after comments, people were dropping off. After the
grease comment, he lost about a third of his viewers.

I'm no prude and my ears have heard plenty, but it made me wonder if
that is a reflection of his attitude with Rough Cut and leaving.

Anyways, just sharing what I saw and heard. Make of it what you will.

Maybe he is just a little ****ed about the "change in life direction"
that was forced on him. Cut him a little slack. Maybe it's partly a
"joisey" thing.