Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default castting

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 22:29:07 -0700, asaadka77 wrote:

I am research student I need any one interest in casting of copper base
alloy or high copper alloy with chrome in different ratios (0.46 - 5)%
chrome and copper base alloy with aluminum in different ratios (3 -9)%
Al ,I need know how can cast of chrome in molten copper that has 1907 C
temp whereas the copper 1085 C, can I add chrome to molten copper as
powder? Did the chrome dissolved in molten copper.
then I will try to make solution treatment to these alloy for
strengthening (quenching and aging) to ...then I will to compare between
these alloy with mechanical properties, corrosion and wear resistance.
Please if you any one can help me to achieved these requirements. Did
the copper chrome alloy has more than properties from copper aluminum
alloy with the ratios above Thank with my regards

Most of your questions I can't help you with, but the fact that you don't
know if chromium is soluble in copper tells me that you haven't done your
homework.

A Really Short Web Search tells me that chromium-copper systems are
pretty complex: apparently chromium isn't miscible in copper, so you have
to work hard to get a nicely distributed suspension. This is NOT a
question that you're likely to get answered on an amateur metalworking
group (although there may be some enthusiast or retired metallurgist who
knows, in which case I'll be interested in seeing the answer myself).

I think you have some research papers to seek out and read.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested