Lorne

Default Removing a sink

The living room has a 6-foot wide wet bar area with a sink at one end.
We've never used the faucets and sink, so we plan to remove it all and
replace the countertop to give us a usable 6-foot flat surface.

The house does not have copper pipe - all of the supply lines are grey
PVC. For this particular sink, the hot and cold supply come out of the
floor and go directly to the faucet. I don't have access to the
connection in the basement because the ceiling is finished. So what I
have is two tubes coming from the floor.

Removing the sink seems easy, and closing off the drain doesn't look that
complicated. But clearly I have to securely close off these supply
lines, and make sure the suckers don't leak. Since I can't do it at
source in the basement, I have to install some kind of valves under the
sink to shut it all off. I've never done this or seen it done.

So before I go to the home depot and ask for advice there, what wisdom
can this group offer me?

Thanks in advance

--
Lorne Sundby